Quantity: 4 available
Set in a courtly world of masked revels and dances, this play turns on the archetypal story of a lady falsely accused of unfaithfulness, spurned by her bridegroom, and finally vindicated and reunited with him. Villainy, schemes, and deceits threaten to darken the brilliant humor and sparkling wordplay-but the hilarious counterplot of a warring couple, Beatrice and Benedick, steals the scene as the two are finally tricked into admitting their love for each other in Shakespeare's superb comedy of manners.
Each Edition Includes:
- Comprehensive explanatory notes
- Vivid introductions and the most up-to-date scholarship
- Clear, modernized spelling and punctuation, enabling contemporary readers to understand the Elizabethan English
- Completely updated, detailed bibliographies and performance histories
- An interpretive essay on film adaptations of the play, along with an extensive filmography
"From the Paperback edition."
Title: Much Ado About Nothing (Modern Library Classics)
Publisher: Modern Library: 2009-08-25
ISBN/UPC Number: 0812969170
ISBN/UPC Number 13: 9780812969177
Book Condition: new
Item: 6.00 Item
Seller ID: 9780812969177